Do you feel like your guy is waiting to get things moving? Okay, so the guy seems to be interested in you. He stares, is extra friendly, helpful, and you feel the spark between the two of you. Others have noticed it as well. The problem is that he has not acted on it! You have waited patiently, have enjoyed the time you spend with him, but you keep asking yourself “What is he waiting for?”. The question you ask yourself, and your friends, is should you do something about it?
Before you decide to do that, maybe you should think about all the reasons, other than shyness or being afraid, that could be the real reason he is not asking you out.
1) He is attracted to you and likes you as a fellow human being. But that is it. He does not want any more than that, and that is why he is not pursing more than that with you. People can find others attractive but not want to do anything about it, they like the flirtation and want to keep it at that.
2) You work together and he is against work relationships. If he really feels that way, and you try and push the envelope, changing his mind (and keeping it changed) could prove quite the challenge. It could be best to let him convince himself, not you. Many times when someone has their mind changed by someone else, they changed their mind back to their original opinion. And really, should you have to convince someone to go out with you?
3) He already has someone in his life that you (and perhaps others) don’t know about. So, since he is already involved (either in a good relationship or bad) he is simply behaving himself.
4) He doesn’t want a serious involvement, or anything that could lead to a serious involvement. He just wants to play the field, no strings attached, and does not think you are that kind of woman.
5) He has just gotten out of a crappy relationship and is not ready for a new one just yet.
6) He is a dog, a total player who treats women like crap and he knows if he goes out with you he will do the same to you, and then you will let the cat out of the bag and tell the people you both work with or know. He may like you too much to use you and abuse you like that. He may actually be doing you a favor by not asking you out.
These are just a few of the many reasons why a guy who likes you has not taken it further. Unless you know for a fact that it is because he is afraid or too shy, your best course of action could be to take no action all all. If you want a guy who is ready for a relationship, why would you choose a guy who is not even ready to ask someone that he likes for a date?
You can drop some subtle hints, flirt back, and see if he takes the bait. If he does not, there could be a really good reason as to why nothing is developing between the two of you, and pushing the envelope could get you the opposite of what you hoped for.
Copyright 2009-2014 All rights reserved. Written permission is required from the author to post on your site or be used in any way, shape, or form. If you quote an article please credit and supply a link to our original posting. While many people seem to be under the impression that we should be flattered that you use our work, we are not, plagiarism is plagiarism, and we do not find stealing our work and our ideas flattering at all and you will be prosecuted under the law.